Transportation Support for Veterans
Yankton Transit is currently experiencing a driver shortage and will do everything we can to support your requests.
- To be eligible to have the cost covered under the Transportation Veterans funds you will need to go through the Yankton County Veterans Office (605) 665-4696 for verification of veteran status. This only needs to be completed your first time using Yankton Transit.
- Everyone must register with Yankton Transit.
Rides to out-of-town medical facilities (Sioux Falls, Sioux City, Wagner etc.)
Request for rides should be made with as much notice as possible. We are limited on drivers and vehicles for out-of-town trips.
- Requests for out-of-town rides will be supported on a first come first serve basis.
- You may have to ride with other customers and it may require you to depart earlier and return later depending on everyone’s appointment times.
- Medical appointments need to be set up between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Any surgical procedure requires a Care Attendant to go along, at no charge.
- The Yankton County Veterans Office support rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All requests must go through them and if they are unable to support, they will forward the request to Yankton Transit to check on the availability of support.
Rides to in-town medical facilities (within 10 miles of the city limits)
Request for rides to any medical facility in Yankton only requires that the request is set up at least ONE business day prior to the day you are needing the ride, but can be set up earlier.