- Be on time for pick-ups.
- Leave seats in the front for people who are less mobile.
- Utilize all hand and safety rails.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking on the bus, please keep the vehicle clean.
- Remain seated until the vehicle makes a complete stop.
- If you have to cancel, do so as soon as possible so someone else can take your place.
- Passenger and/or care providers are responsible for ensuring that passengers are properly dressed for their ride. This includes proper coats, hats, gloves, and/or footwear. Transit Operators cannot assist passengers with their clothing.
Yankton Transit reserves the right to refuse service to any passenger who displays:
- Seriously disruptive behavior
- Violent behavior
- Illegal conduct
Helpful Suggestions When Riding Transit:
- Consider carrying an insulated grocery bag to place your frozen and refrigerated items into for returning from the grocery store. The bus may not be able to return for you as soon as you are done shopping.
- Check for personal items around your seat before exiting the vehicle.
- If you think you have left something in the vehicle, all lost and found items are taken to the office. Please contact the dispatcher for directions as to how to retrieve your item.
- Please carry the correct change or have a punch ticket.
- Call to schedule a ride as soon as you know you need it and schedule return rides at this time.