- United Way & Volunteer Services initially started public transportation with one vehicle after identifying a need for services to the various nonprofit agencies they collaborate with
- Private not for profit corporation was formed in 1995
- Board includes key agency representation, other interested volunteers (Agencies represented: Ability Building Services, Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, Lewis & Clark Behavioral Health, Prairie Freedom Center, Yankton Senior Center, and Yankton School District)
- The mission is to provide coordinated public transportation for citizens of Yankton
- Yankton Transit Bus Barn opened in 2002 providing indoor garage storage for Vehicles
- Yankton Transit worked with ROC’s (Rural Office of Community Service) from 1998 until June 2013 when a decision made to partner with RCPT (River City Public Transit)
Schedule a Ride!
Please call at least one business day prior to when you need a ride. Also rides must be called in Monday-Friday 7AM-5PM. Emails taken after business hours for the following business day will not be accepted unless it is for cancellations.
Yankton Transit is a Non-Profit, public transit service, serving the Yankton area and is open to the public and anyone can ride.